Our mission is to prepare our students for academic challenges in a fun and stress-free environment. Whether getting ready to start school, preparing for a standardized test, or tackling homework assignments, we provide an individualized approach to helping your child reach a high level of achievement.
All children are inherently bright and have great potential. At GNT Kids it is our belief that the key to unlocking this potential is first recognizing each child’s unique needs, then addressing those needs with professional guidance and a personal approach. With our customized curriculum we will help your children to develop and strengthen their powers of reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving- valuable skills which will empower them to excel both in and out of the classroom.
- Initial Assessment – Your child’s very first session will include an interview and mock test which we will use to evaluate his or her strengths and weaknesses, and pinpoint specific areas in need of development.
- Customized Curriculum – Each child has different needs, and this is why we tailor a unique academic program for each of our students. Using the assessment test and interview as the basis, we lay the framework for a course which will address the subject areas and skill sets that will most benefit your child. As he or she progresses, we adjust the curriculum to reflect their evolving abilities.
For our pre-K students, we ensure an engaging atmosphere with a variety of activities and games that are both fun and challenging.
- Highly Effective Preparation Materials – In addition to utilizing the best textbooks available, we complement our customized approach with in-house materials designed specifically for the needs of each child in our tutoring program.
- Progress Tracking – Documenting your child’s progress gives us a clear picture of their development, and allows you to stay informed about key aspects of their learning experience. After every session, you will receive a full written report detailing the lesson plan, what materials were used, and your child’s mastery of the concepts.
- Convenient Location Choices – We offer the flexibility of having tutoring sessions either in your home, or at any New York City public library. Regardless of the location, your child will receive the same level of attention and dedication.
Abount GNT Kids Founder Olessia Dultsin
Olessia first became interested in the NYC kindergarten admissions process when her son was three years old. After researching neighborhood schools, she realized that the best education her son could get would be at a district or citywide gifted and talented school. Realizing that he would need to go through rigorous testing to be eligible, Olessia did an exhaustive study of all the materials available for G & T test preparation. After educating herself, she spent the next few months working with her son on such subject areas as analogies, matrices, and pattern recognition. He subsequently scored in the 99th percentile on the test and was accepted to NEST+m, a selective public gifted school in Manhattan. This year her younger son Sam also scored in the 99th percentile, and will join his older brother at NEST+m in September.
Since 2008, Olessia has used her background in education and her personal knowledge and experience to help other children get ready for the first test of their lives. With her guidance, many have been accepted into district and citywide gifted programs.
Olessia holds BA in Early Childhood Education and MA in Educational Administration from New York University Steinhardt School.